(pg 11) “Siddhartha
had one single goal-to become empty, to become empty of thirst, desire, dreams,
pleasure and sorrow- to let the Self die.” I think that this goal to become empty is
really interesting. In my opinion what he wants is to stop feeling. I connect
this to someone that wants to become a robot, I mean robots don’t feel but,
they are still alive (you could say.) I don’t really understand fully this
goal. I think that it would be cool not to feel certain things but at the same
time he is always saying that he wants more knowledge and wisdom but if he does
get more knowledge and wisdom he won’t be empty. Maybe this is why he wants to
be empty maybe he wants to stop wanting to want more knowledge every time.
In pg 13 Siddhartha
compares meditating with drinking. “It is a flight from the self, it is a
temporary escape from the torment of Self. It is a temporary palliative against
the pain and folly of life. The driver of e=oxen makes this same flight, takes
this temporary drug when he drinks a few bowls of rice wine” I agree with this
statement, well I do think that they are alike. I think this is true because people
especially now days drink so that they can get away, and get some time in peace
just like meditating and they are both just temporary solutions.
I agree
with Govinda when he says “We have learned much, Siddhartha. There still
remains much to learn. We are not going in circles, we are going upwards. The path
is a spiral; we have already climbed many steps.” (pg 14) I agree with him in
this because I do think life is a spiral. I agree because I do think we go
upwards we don’t just stay in the same place, also I don’t think it’s a circle
because even if similar things happen in life you learn from your mistakes and
from your past.
I think it’s
really brave how Siddhartha decides not to follow the Samanas anymore and
instead goes to find Buddha. I like that he took the risk of going to find
Buddha because he wasn’t getting what he needed with the Samanas.
Heron: any of numerous long-legged, long-necked, usually long-billed birds of the family Ardeidae.
Empty: containing nothing;
I think this was an important word because it described Siddhartha’s
goal.
Buddha: Also called Butsu, Gautama, Gautama Buddha. ( Prince Siddhāttha or Siddhartha ) 566?–c480 b.c,Indian religious leader: founder of Buddhism.

.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment