I just
started to read the book Siddhartha, by Hermann Hessen. The main character in
this book is Siddhartha, a boy who is very intelligent, wise and, most
importantly makes everybody happy. You would think he is perfect, but there is
only one problem, even though he makes everyone happy he isn't happy himself. Siddhartha
says that he thinks something is missing. He thinks that his knowledge and
wisdom is not complete.
I can’t really relate to Siddhartha, well I can’t
imagine myself making everyone happy but myself. I don’t want to be selfish,
but I do think that to make people happy you have to be happy first. Something else
in which I can’t relate to Siddhartha is in the treatment of his parents. It
looks like his parents have his future planned out. In pg 6 there is a question
from Govinda to Siddartha “will your father permit it?” from this question I could
infer that his parents already have a plan. Also, they don’t support him in
every decision. I can’t relate to him in this matter either because my parents
are the total opposite, they support me in every decision or idea even if it’s
the craziest thing they have heard. Even
though I can’t relate to Siddhartha in these matters, I could relate to him when
he talks about his friend Govinda. Govinda looks like a really good friend to Siddhartha;
he supports him, helps him and, follows him. I can relate to him in this matter
because I also have that really good friend that supports you in any decision
and helps you.
I don't think its selfish that he has changed his mind and has decided to find his own happiness, i think that its what people deserve and I would do the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment