In pg 52
when Siddhartha said “I possess nothing, said Siddhartha if that is what you
mean. I am certainly without possessions, but of my own free will, so I am not
in need.” It made me think a lot about
possessions. I mean a lot of people are mostly stressed and they work and work
and work so that they have possession or so that they don't lose the ones they
already have. A lot of people are not happy because of this, I mean how could they if they only live stressed. This just made me think what if you didn’t
have possessions to lose or to be stressed about, why we need so many things? why can’t we just try to be simple and not always want more? A prediction I had while reading this chapter
was that Siddhartha was going to become just like the merchant and like other
people he is going to start to depend on possessions.
vocab
servile- characteristic of proper to, or customary for slaves. (pg 53)
endeavored- make an effort (pg 53)
plunge- to bring suddenly (pg 54)
hastiness-moving or acting quickly(pg 55)
supple-characterized by responsiveness and adaptability in mental action (pg 59)
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment